Thursday 3 March 2016

Before my brain turns to mush...

Hey!

I haven't blogged in AGES, so this might be a long one. I'm so tired today after spending last night watching the 2007 Britain's got Talent final with my flatmate until 2:30am...don't even ask. So before my brain turns to mush I thought I would take the chance to write a new blog post.

Since my last post...I've had some super fun nights out (see picture for evidence), been working a lot of hours...and missing home a lot. My friend came to Sheff for a spontaneous visit recently which was really fun too (plus she gives the best cuddles).


Ooh I also passed my 60 words per minute shorthand exam with 100% accuracy which was a huge relief! I'll hopefully be taking the 80wpm this month, then 100 in April....and then 9ams will be a thing of the past. I can't wait.


In Corp...obviously 

My 'Uni babies'
I'm also really enjoying my course at the moment, we've been given 'patches' to report on over the next few months. I picked the area of Sheffield where my Grandad grew up, in Pitsmoor. Since then I have discovered that it is in the top 1% of most deprived areas in the country, as well as having high gun crime rates! But hopefully that means that I'll be able to find some really exciting stories. 

I'm also going to Madrid soon with the Spanish society which I'm super excited about! I should hopefully get a chance to practice some of my (very poor) Spanish...Also, the Uni has said that we're not allowed to go to Barcelona for Erasmus any more, so I've been looking at going to Madrid instead. The thought of spending 6 months in another country is REALLY daunting but I feel like it would be the best experience. I've got to apply for it soon so I guess that's quite a big decision to make.

I can't wait to go home for Easter, too. It has been an (occasionally) stressful and very busy 7 weeks and I can't wait to go home to some nice home comforts (aka my dogs). I think before going to Uni the expectation is that everything will always work out in the way that you want it to. When it doesn't exactly happen like that it is a bit of a shock, which in turn makes you miss being at home (even if your brother does drive you crazy).

I joined The Tab team recently (an online publication written by students) and my first article for them got 21,000 views which I was so happy about.

I've also just had an email saying I've won the Blogger of the Month comp for February! I haven't won it in a while so that really is exciting. Good things always happen when you write a blog post eh.

You can vote for me to win again next month here :)

Hope everyone's good! I'm sure it's all getting very real for you Year 13's now...I can't believe it's March already, this time last year seems so long ago. Enjoy having your washing done for you while it lasts!

Anna x

No comments:

Post a Comment